With an office in central Manhattan, Dr. Sam Rizk is well situated to treat patients throughout New York and the surrounding areas. In addition to working with patients who come from nearby areas, he also works extensively with patients who travel to Manhattan to benefit from his skill and expertise. He has treated patients from many parts of the United States and nearly every continent in the world. From his experience working with out of town patients, Dr. Rizk has created a unique program that allows him to provide the highest level of care to this unique group of patients before, during, and after surgery. It is not usually practical for a patient to travel to New York before their surgery, so Dr. Rizk’s out of town program ensures that the patient will only need to travel to NYC for the surgery itself. If you live outside of the New York area, please read through the process described below. Should you have any remaining questions or wish to schedule an appointment with our doctor, do not hesitate to contact our office.
- The first step is to contact our office manager by email or phone to inform us of your interest in rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty. The office manager will create a file for you and collect some basic information.
- Next, you’ll need to provide our office with clear, high-resolution photos of your face. For rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty patients, you should send three photos – a front view, a profile view, and a base view of the nose (with the camera held below your face and angled up).
- Once Dr. Rizk receives the photos, he will carefully review them and make a recommendation on the changes that would best complement your face.
- During your Skype phone consultation, Dr. Rizk will discuss the changes he believes will help improve the appearance of your facelift. You will be able to discuss your goals and concerns with him during this time.
- After you and Dr. Rizk have reached an agreement about the facelift, you will speak with the office manager to get a quote for the surgery.
- If everything sounds agreeable, you can then set a date for your surgery. The surgery date will only be set after you pay a non-refundable 20% deposit on your surgery.
- Our team will then email you a set of pre- and post- surgical instructions that will help you prepare for your procedure.
Traveling to New York for Your Surgery
- Most countries require you to receive medical clearance before traveling for surgery in another country. This typically includes blood work and an EKG (electrocardiogram) if you are older than 40. Our JCAHO certified surgical facility requires that all patients have this clearance before undergoing surgery at their center.
You should plan to have your pre-surgical medical clearance performed several weeks in advance. You can email or fax the results to our office.
- You should plan to arrive in New York one to two days before your surgical date, as specified by Dr. Rizk. During this time, you will meet with Dr. Rizk for a detailed pre-surgical consultation. He will review the specifics of the procedure with you and take photos of your face.
During and After Your Surgery
- Dr. Rizk performs all of his surgeries at our certified Park Avenue Facial Surgery Center. After the surgery, you will remain under observation at the center until our doctor is certain to you are stable and have met US standards for discharge from an outpatient surgical center.
- The safety of our patients is our number one priority. If you have traveled to New York by yourself, we can arrange a personal aid service to escort you to your hotel room and ensure that you are safe and comfortable before leaving. Otherwise, you can return to your hotel with a friend or family member.
- During your recovery period, you can take advantage of our VIP concierge services, which Dr. Rizk has arranged through NYC Concierge to ensure that his patients have a comfortable and pleasant stay.
- During your recovery period, Dr. Rizk will visit you in your hotel room to ensure the procedure has been successful and monitor your healing progress. You will also be given after hours number so you can reach our staff during the evening or weekends, if necessary.
If you are interested in traveling to Manhattan to have a face lift procedure with Dr. Rizk, we encourage you to contact our office manager to learn more about our program for out of town patients. Dr. Rizk routinely makes himself available outside of normal office hours to accommodate the unique schedules of patients who travel from afar to work with him. Our caring team will make you feel at home in NYC and ensure that you have everything you need to enjoy a safe and comfortable time while here. We look forward to hearing from you!